Gorilla Glue Gel or Reef Epoxy?

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me when they use these two type of products for mounting corals?
I have some Reefstick Aquatic reef epoxy which is like a putty type epoxy, and I also have Gorilla Glue Gel, which is a bit like a Gel version of superglue.

I received some green story polyps today. They were easy enough to attach. I slathered the back with Gorilla Glue gel and held it to the rock where I wanted it to attach and waited 45seconds. I think the GSP will take over from there and, if all goes well, encrust the entire rock.

But now I have a couple gorgonians to mount and a hammer coral. I am worried about these larger items and if I glue them with the Gorilla Gel and they grow a bit, an urchin or larger snail may knock them over.

Is it better to use the reef epoxy in these cases? Or any tips on securing these larger pieces to the rock work? Thanks in advance.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For frags I actually use both!
First I get a ball of the putty (epoxy) mixed up. Then I apply glue to the plug/frag, and push the putty into it. This secures the putty to the frag/plug. Then I put some glue on the putty and jam it into the rock where I want it. The putty and the glue will hold everything in place! Works so much better than using just one IMO.

Back