Got a name for this acro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jhuntstl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I thought that too, but never seen one with white polyps.
Great looking piece regardless!
 
Yup I believe it’s a horrida for sure. The purple with white polyps is a one of a kind coral. Even though it’s not really rare it’s still amazing. The light colored or even white polyps are fairly rare ime though.
 
I think you just might be correct. Thanks!

54947_5a5eef8bd8a9e.jpg


https://www.reeflex.net/tiere/610_Acropora_horrida.htm
 
Oh yea there ya go, that color horrida is stunning. I have yet to see anyone grow a large colony of it out which is kind of odd given it’s unique look.
 
Oh yea there ya go, that color horrida is stunning. I have yet to see anyone grow a large colony of it out which is kind of odd given it’s unique look.
Thanks again for the ID. Thanks to @SamMule as well.

Hopefully I can grow it out. Definitely been one my happier small frags.
 
May be blue ice tenius or ORA Joe The Coral
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new