Got a new camera!

  • Thread starter Thread starter stylaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
1,951
Reaction score
669
Location
Kelso, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya Guys
Just picked up a Canon Rebel XS. Great camera have been learning how to use it. I wanted your recommendation for a macro lens. I need to find a lens that will let me take photos from about 6-12" away. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Roy
 
Hi roy,
I bought a tamron macro 2.8 90mm not to expensive and it will do the job. I am still learning a lot about white balance etc. but for <500.00 not a bad lens.
Terry
 
I'm not a canon guy, but I believe a 100 or 105 mm macro is what you want.
 
one thing you will also need if you dont have already for macro photos is a tripod
 
cool thank you much for the suggestions. going to post some new pics here in a bit with current lens
 
Yes, you need a good quality tripod for any macro work. A macro lens in the 100-mm range will serve you best. Sigma EX105, Tamron 90, or Canon 100 will all deliver.
Gary
 
thanks gary i was looking toward the canon 100 lens
 
Canon 100mm 2.8
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new