Got my first AI product, ordered a prime light instantly

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first AI product in the form of an AI Nero 3 for my 37g display. Wow. The program is intuitive, and makes it extremely easy to monitor the action in the tank all day. I liked the programming, and quality of the product so much that I decided to put in an order for two AI Prime 16hd's the next day, before ever actually using the products (Based off of testimony from other reefers). Needless to say I am beyond excited to use AI's on my waterbox reef 180 project coming up in spring. I plan on using AI components, being 3 hydra 32hd's (or two 64hd's), and 3 AI Nero 5's. Anyone have the same awesome experience with AI products? Also, any suggestions for return pumps? Should I set up an Apex system with the return pump, trident, dosing pumps, and other Neptune apex controlled goodies? Would live to see/hear what my fellow reefers are using for "smart" equipment in their systems! Need some ideas.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much, Big Bosha

Been looking at the Nero's down the line, this thread sure helps.

Run an Abyzz A100, but only use Apex Fusion to turn it on and off.

Those Reef Octopus VarioS return pumps have great reviews and are Apex ready.

How're your AI primes doing?

OP
OP
Big Bosha

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much, Big Bosha

Been looking at the Nero's down the line, this thread sure helps.

Run an Abyzz A100, but only use Apex Fusion to turn it on and off.

Those Reef Octopus VarioS return pumps have great reviews and are Apex ready.

How're your AI primes doing?
Doing absolutely amazing! The moonlight feature is honestly my favorite. It's the first light I've had for any of the 20+ tanks I've had over the course of several years that has a moonlight that feels 100% natural. Love it. Corals are happy and healthy. The extreme edges seem to be a little more desperate for light, so I'm going to increase the power and possibly add another. But it is working fantastic!

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first AI product in the form of an AI Nero 3 for my 37g display. Wow. The program is intuitive, and makes it extremely easy to monitor the action in the tank all day. I liked the programming, and quality of the product so much that I decided to put in an order for two AI Prime 16hd's the next day, before ever actually using the products (Based off of testimony from other reefers). Needless to say I am beyond excited to use AI's on my waterbox reef 180 project coming up in spring. I plan on using AI components, being 3 hydra 32hd's (or two 64hd's), and 3 AI Nero 5's. Anyone have the same awesome experience with AI products? Also, any suggestions for return pumps? Should I set up an Apex system with the return pump, trident, dosing pumps, and other Neptune apex controlled goodies? Would live to see/hear what my fellow reefers are using for "smart" equipment in their systems! Need some ideas.

Been with AI my entire time Reefing. Went from two AI Prime HDs on my Reefer 250. Then got two Nero 5s, then moved to my Reefer 525XL. I use the same Nero5s but traded out the AI Primes to three Hydra 32s.

Back