Got my Marco rocks... Now what

spongebobby

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
49
Location
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I received my Marco rock and unsure what needs to be done to get it ready for tank.. Just throw it in the tank, soak it, pressure wash it ?

I have never used dry rock before.. looking for recommendations on best practices to follow with using this type of rock.
 
I'd at least rinse it and possibly bleach it. My experience with Marco 'Foundation' and 'Shelf' rock was that there was A LOT of organic material in/on the rock.
 
The first thing you need to do is all the gluing and cementing to form your structures, unless you are going to just freely stack in piles. After that do as others said either blow them off with air or rinse with RODI water. I just blew all the dust off mine before I put them in.
 
I rinsed off my dry with RO water than put it into my tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new