Got some blue reef chromis

  • Thread starter Thread starter bct15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
2,846
Reaction score
169
Location
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been wanting some of these forever, my LFS got some in a couple weeks ago and when I went to get some epoxy I couldn't help to get the last two. My PBT chases them around right now but hopefully they do well. They ate last night and this morning so as long as my PBT doesn't kill them I think they will survive. It would be nice if they joined the group with my other chromis.

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375037035.727660.jpg
 
Pretty, but...
Y u no quarantine?!

I've been fine with no quarantining and the LFS I got them from continuously runs hyposalinity and copper in their system. That's why you see them acclimating on my counter in a separate container, that can't touch my tank. So by principal they have been on a quarantine the entire time at my LFS.

I have my own treatment process for fish that end up sick and it had been extremely successful. I've had more fish die in quarantine then doing it the way I do it now.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new