Got sump...lights?

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are new to the hobby and are looking for a sump... Some really nice lighting to have all the colors of the fish/coral just pop out

What is a good LED light??

What old equipment do you have laying around that you maybe willing to sell

Thanks
Mike and Dee

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are new to the hobby and are looking for a sump... Some really nice lighting to have all the colors of the fish/coral just pop out

What is a good LED light??

What old equipment do you have laying around that you maybe willing to sell

Thanks
Mike and Dee
What size tank do you have? I have some diy sumps laying around. I think they are 20 long and setup as follows - drain, fuge, skimmer, return. With bubble traps in between of course. I also have some par 38 led grow light bulbs that will grow cheato.

As for lighting it all depends on what you want to stock in the tank. Some info on that will help as well.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
MikeandDee

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have? I have some diy sumps laying around. I think they are 20 long and setup as follows - drain, fuge, skimmer, return. With bubble traps in between of course. I also have some par 38 led grow light bulbs that will grow cheato.

As for lighting it all depends on what you want to stock in the tank. Some info on that will help as well.

I have a 75 gallon 48 inch long tank, with a skimmer that is an aquatop HOB or can be placed in the sump And as far as lighting, don’t want to break the bank but want some decent light for LPS and softies. In the tank now we have diamond head goby, watchman, coral beauty angel and neon damsel, 5 chromis, 75 pounds of rock. Going to add a couple tangs then move on to LPS and softies

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swing by and look through some of my stuff. I’m sure you can find something and I will let go at a good price. Free all week.

OP
OP
MikeandDee

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What size sump do you have that you may get rid of

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size sump do you have that you may get rid of
I will look in the garage when I get home. I know for sure I have a 20l DIY sump that was used on my 90 until I plumbed 2 more tanks into it. It could be rearranged if needed, but it goes as follows from left to right: Drain/Fuge area, Skimmer area, return area. Water height in skimmer area is 8", the fuge area is 10" deep and I think the return is 5-6". Leaves plenty of room for flow back in a power outage and accommodates most skimmers without a stand or just a small stand. It originally had an old school reef octo 110 in it, so there is room for an oversized skimmer of a new design if needed. If it is still in good shape I will take 30 bucks for it, as I have no use for it outside of collecting dust lol. Ohh, the drain area is simply a 4" pipe that has been siliconed to the glass and hold a 4" filter sock. It does have a splash cover and a single bulkhead (slip/slip) in it that holds a 1" pipe.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back