Got the SPS bug

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Through a deal with a local reefer I ended up with a few different SPS coral. Tank is over 2 years old, current coral are doing well. Right now I only have to dose some baking soda to maintain parameters. With the addition of the SPS I know I'll need to start dosing others. My question for all of you is which products you use? Obviously I know that my parameters will have to dictate. Just wondering what brands have been the best? Any other helpful info would be appreciated.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Through a deal with a local reefer I ended up with a few different SPS coral. Tank is over 2 years old, current coral are doing well. Right now I only have to dose some baking soda to maintain parameters. With the addition of the SPS I know I'll need to start dosing others. My question for all of you is which products you use? Obviously I know that my parameters will have to dictate. Just wondering what brands have been the best? Any other helpful info would be appreciated.
I drip kalk and supplement with Tropic Marin All-For-Reef in my sps dominated growout 40b tied into a sps 50g lowboy frag tank.

I drip kalk and supplement with Red Sea ABC & Trace Elements in a 50g lowboy frag tank where I keep sps, lps, and softies.

The kalk drip is mainly for pH. Any 2-part will do the trick if you don't have much sps. All-For-Reef would have everything you need in one bottle. That would be the simplest option.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend starting with kalk in you ato. Depending on how much sps you add, it may be all you ever need.

LuisPerez711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the top posts. Start off with kalk and add magnesium when needed. Any brand will do. I use brightwell magnesion-p and seachem kalk.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I dose in my tank is alk and calcium. For alk I make a solution with Arm & Hammer baking soda. For calcium I use Prestone Driveway Heat solution (but will probably switch to the BRS calcium chloride soon).

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. That's generally what I had planned, always best to ask though.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think lower phosphate is important with sps aswell , higher phosphate lowers calcification

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use brs 2 part alk and cal. Then Red Sea colors abcd. And nitrates and phosphate when needed. And Redsea ab+

Back