Got this email today....

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do the cleaning and water changes. Most times they setup an ATO, to keep the evap down, but water changes are done with their water. A good company will keep their water clean, but some don't. They are trying to make a profit, so buying $100+ in filters a month usually doesn't happen. That's one of the reasons I wouldn't buy saltwater from a store. Never know what you are going to get.

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is just crazy. im at a loss of words. did the frags die or just the fish?

I'm not totally sure. This is the only information I've got so far. I woke up this morning to "my tank is dying and we think it's your fault" :)

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody remember the movie "The Happening" ? ... Maybe the coral are fighting back....

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe the fish are commiting suicide because this guy is so stupid

I wouldn't say he is stupid...he's just listening to fish store advice...I think we've all fell for that scam at one point or another during our time in this hobby.

shapermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is like this other post I read 4 months back where some one went to a friends house and wanted some new corals and so he gave it to him and the tank crashed the next morning.

In is his post he was saying that there was a few corals that wore not doing good and a few of them wore dieing all ready. Most want to blame the other person when some thing does go wrong and it is all ways blamed to the last person where they got the item from.

It is like changing salts.......all ways do things slow or you will have problems and stress the live stock in the tank or crash the tank. I hope this does not discourage any one.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NO WAY this had anything to do with their deaths. I am sorry for them but you are not to blame.

phi delt reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he has an LFS managing his tank but they didnt tell him to probably quarantine anything he got that wasn't originally part of his tank? If you are paying for bi-weekly service shouldnt some advice be included as part of the service? Or is blaming frag plugs the advice? Send that fool a picture of your flourishing frag tank and picture of Gary colemon doing his famous "what you talkin' bout Willis" shrug. Here is a link in case you have trouble finding the photo; http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/what-choo-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

beaner_12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think that the maintenance guy did not do his work for a while and blamed the shipment of corals for it.

congo32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent the person an email back asking (begging) for them to come to R2R and post all information available so that we could attempt to get to the bottom of their issue. I hope they respond.

I also felt that I needed to email another person who recently made a purchase from me and is supposed to have their coral shipped out tomorrow. I personally don't think that there is any way to blame me or my frag plugs for this, but I figured it was only right to bring this to the attention of people that are currently going to receive frags from me and I offered to refund this person's money and not send them frags if they so choose.

speg i feel u have gone above and beyond the call of duty u have been extremely honest with me ... to tell u the truth i have never ever dealt with someone quite as honest as u in this hobby ... with that said it is imposibble let me rephase it would be quite rare that u have over 100 plugs in your tank with no problem ... another point to let everyone know we meaning myself and speg have never met that goes to show the type of person he is he has given me better service than some LFS around my house ... speg we can wait a week before shipping my things to be safe for your peace of mind and everyone elses ....

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats alright, we had a guy in our club a few years ago who thought that rod's food was giving his fish ich. LoL

Well, with all the ingredients in Rods food....ich may be on that list somewhere..... :)

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
speg i feel u have gone above and beyond the call of duty u have been extremely honest with me ... to tell u the truth i have never ever dealt with someone quite as honest as u in this hobby ... with that said it is imposibble let me rephase it would be quite rare that u have over 100 plugs in your tank with no problem ... another point to let everyone know we meaning myself and speg have never met that goes to show the type of person he is he has given me better service than some LFS around my house ... speg we can wait a week before shipping my things to be safe for your peace of mind and everyone elses ....

Thanks for being really understanding. I just want to wait to make sure things are good.... I want the evidence against my tank being at fault to go beyond a reasonable doubt :)

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just remembered that he sent me this message a couple weeks ago because he has been having an issue getting his red hornet to open up. He mentions having an 80 gallon tank with 18 fish in it??? Anybody else see that as a disaster waiting to happen?...at this time, he also mentions having "low nitrites" and "low nitrates" and this after having my frag plugs in the tank for about 2 weeks.

Yeah, I just had water checked at my local fish
store, everything was perfect (tank been up 2
years) water change 2 weeks ago, lighting: 48"
actinic X2, daylight 10-15Ks x2, also have a 24"
actinic x2 and daylights x2, 80 gallon, we run
corals around the 82F mark as that seems best for
ours. No corals to disrupt - plenty of space that
they all have at least 3-4"+ around them, live
rock, live sand. Community fish that are not coral
eaters ( clowns, blennies, tangs, cardinals)
snails and clean up crabs. Nothing big to knock
over anything. I just performed another water
change tonight and ran another sample to fish
store, everything checked out with calcium (420)
pH is great shape, salinity at 1.025, temp around
81.3F tonight, low nitrites/trates, and amnonias
all in check. XXX-XXX-XXXX is my #. Maybe see this
weekend on some pics. I have 2 disks that have
rock pieces on it and I am guessing one to be the
hornet and not sure on fruit loops, god coral.
Watermelon, I know well! It is amazn

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Definitely all your fault!

How dare you send him frag plugs with nitrates buried deep within like a time bomb!

On a sidenote - how about a shot of your frag tank?

Oh, and this:
what-choo-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back