Got to get it out!!!

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think your way would be easier if it's a fish only tank with no corals. I just hate having my corals out of water for any period of time.
Corals will be fine if you keep it under 15 minutes. They produce a slime coat to protect themselves and many species have to deal with low tides daily.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean? With a hook like you going fishing?
Probably not the first thing to try but, yes, smallest hook size. I used this approach a couple of times on three stripe damsels. I used to file off the barb so that the hook can be easily removed. Both fish were fine ..... unhappy but fine.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank doesn't seem to be overcrowded. But Clownfish are extremely territorial. I'm not very familiar with Dottybacks, but I do understand that they will fiercely defend their territory.

This may be the problem, and you would be right in removing it.
I had a neon dotttyback and he was like a great white shark hunting

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the vase method, so cheap and easy you’ll hit yourself in the head for not thinking of it....

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the vase method, so cheap and easy you’ll hit yourself in the head for not thinking of it....

Hey, thanks for sharing. I would have never thought of that. I'll give it a try.

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate? What size water bottle? And how do you quickly snag up the water bottle?

The above link describes this. Once the fish is in the trap, you just pull the water bottle out. Most likely they won’t be able to escape.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Strawberry basslets are little territorial monsters. Fish trap will be your best bet

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back