GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,
I was going to go BTA / Clownfish, but things have morphed into another direction.

Had this huge wilsoni, but took it back, just want to keep things pretty easy. Lol forgot that wilsoni’s are way more demanding that other open brains

BE3E1136-8C97-4014-8B46-5EA10C35C8EF.jpeg

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks Great. I have the same tank and generally liked it. +1 on the bumble bees to address your vetermid snail issue. They do a great job!!

One thing I will recommend...do something about evaporation. I was having to fill my ATO every day. Was brutal!! Eventually I put on a glass lid. That 1 gallon reservoir is just not enough for you to take a day off.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks Great. I have the same tank and generally liked it. +1 on the bumble bees to address your vetermid snail issue. They do a great job!!

One thing I will recommend...do something about evaporation. I was having to fill my ATO every day. Was brutal!! Eventually I put on a glass lid. That 1 gallon reservoir is just not enough for you to take a day off.

Thanks,
Your right the ATO is small. If I go out of town have a 5 gallon reservoir and my old Tunze 3155 still works.

These bumblebees are cool.

Are you running filter socks and the sump’s sponge bubble trap?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sense most leds have some really nice recommended settings, did some research for the Reefled 90

And kept hitting (coming across) this setting grid

F5B89D2F-DE4B-43E6-A1D4-24524FDD14D8.jpeg

It is programed in, but cut back those settings by 40% over the nano.
I’ll try to bump those up by 10% once a week. If i can work up to 35% blue at the highest setting (which would be 50%) I’d feel pretty good.

Got to admit, those settings really give off just the right amount of color balance during the full daylight hours.

If you have a Red Sea led (but not happy with your full daylight color spectrum) you might want to try out those settings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks good Freddie, how are you finding the new adventure?

Hey, Pancho

I’m really liking the downsize.

The airline for the outside air to the S-400’s skimmer was on that side of the room, this side has no outside access.

Was stunned to see the ph only hitting 7.7

Put in the small icecap Co2 scrubber over the 4th weekend. Since that time the reef’s ph stays stable between 8.05 and 8.18, corals have responded super to the higher / stable ph.

I got a ring that fits the NYOS 120’s skimmer (to perfection) for a recirc Co2 scrubber, but I’m not using it. It’s just to risky incase the skimmers cup overflows and sucks water inside the reactor.

Link

Lol
These guys are the real deal if you want to run a recirc Co2 scrubber

Thanks for checking in, your reef is smoking hot with you posting your latest video.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

Hello Gumbies,

Early last year we found out that our youngest daughter has Lupus. So it has been an adjustment for our family.

My heart was not in the hobby, so I tore down this setup during Memorial Day weekend 2023.

It's fully cleaned up, and in our garage.

Thanks,
Freddie

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back