!!!GRAB-BA-BA-BAGGIE BATTLEBOXES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are are some images from a Battle Box I received 3 weeks ago; I wanted to wait a little bit to be sure that the Space Laser that came in a little worse for wear pulled through.

Here is the list of what I got (!):
FragList.jpg

Here is the Space Laser that I thought for sure was a goner but has continued to survive and hasn't lost any additional tissue since arrival Nov 11th:
SpaceLaser.jpg

And some poor quality iPhone images day of arrival:
Frags1.jpg

Frags2.jpg

BlueGhost.jpg

^ You can notice a nice tenuis on the right that was included in the Battle Box and labeled as "Mystery Frag". Adam also included a backup frag of the Blue Ghost for the grow-out contest so there were actually 8 frags in my box!

Here the mystery teni is mounted under blue LEDs. You can barely make it out at this size with my poor camera quality but the polyps are pink, the radial corallites have a yellow hue to them, and the tips go from turquoise to violet. A spectacular piece!
MysteryTeni.jpg

When unpacking, I am ashamed to admit that I lost the Vectorman bag in the unlit sump and ended up getting him in the tank in the late evening when the fuge lights came on and I realized my grave error. Vectorman was no worse for wear. One huge perk of this coral (and something I think that other people with angelfish may appreciate) is that it is the only acropora I have in my tank that the angelfish does not have a taste for. I have Acropora yongei, donei, echinata, millipora, tenuis, nobilis, secale, subulata, tortuosa, microclados, divaricata, hoeksemai, and a dozen unidentified species, and my angelfish loves all of those fleshy polyps but is leaving this Acropora schmitti alone. No idea what reason that is, but I am loving having an Acropora I can actually see the polyps on without having to turn on the lights at 1am.
Vectorman.jpg

BC Vectorman frag (Acropora schmitti)
Excellent! Thanks for the post. Looking good. I may be wrong but I believe that was actually a frag of my “mystery team” tenuis:). Either way. Glad to see them doing well!! Thanks again

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are are some images from a Battle Box I received 3 weeks ago; I wanted to wait a little bit to be sure that the Space Laser that came in a little worse for wear pulled through.

Here is the list of what I got (!):
FragList.jpg

Here is the Space Laser that I thought for sure was a goner but has continued to survive and hasn't lost any additional tissue since arrival Nov 11th:
SpaceLaser.jpg

And some poor quality iPhone images day of arrival:
Frags1.jpg

Frags2.jpg

BlueGhost.jpg

^ You can notice a nice tenuis on the right that was included in the Battle Box and labeled as "Mystery Frag". Adam also included a backup frag of the Blue Ghost for the grow-out contest so there were actually 8 frags in my box!

Here the mystery teni is mounted under blue LEDs. You can barely make it out at this size with my poor camera quality but the polyps are pink, the radial corallites have a yellow hue to them, and the tips go from turquoise to violet. A spectacular piece!
MysteryTeni.jpg

When unpacking, I am ashamed to admit that I lost the Vectorman bag in the unlit sump and ended up getting him in the tank in the late evening when the fuge lights came on and I realized my grave error. Vectorman was no worse for wear. One huge perk of this coral (and something I think that other people with angelfish may appreciate) is that it is the only acropora I have in my tank that the angelfish does not have a taste for. I have Acropora yongei, donei, echinata, millipora, tenuis, nobilis, secale, subulata, tortuosa, microclados, divaricata, hoeksemai, and a dozen unidentified species, and my angelfish loves all of those fleshy polyps but is leaving this Acropora schmitti alone. No idea what reason that is, but I am loving having an Acropora I can actually see the polyps on without having to turn on the lights at 1am.
Vectorman.jpg

BC Vectorman frag (Acropora schmitti)
Great battle box! My 2 favorites you got was the PC Rainbow and the Hawkins! Glad to hear they all made it!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back