Grafted stylophora

  • Thread starter Thread starter ehutchby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ehutchby

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
265
Reaction score
35
Location
north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think? Does anyone have any experience with a grafted stylophora? Less than a year ago, I noticed my Tyree Hot Pink Stylo colony growing into my neon green stylo colony. I broke the piece off and let it grow on it’s own. The grafted colors are all over this colony now, it’s just hard to get a good picture. The funny thing is that the colony has neon green highlit areas now and the hot pink colors have faded. The mother colonies look just like the picture. I’m wandering if the hot pink colors will come back out. Either way, it’s pretty cool.

A0DFBDA8-1581-4286-8C56-4BF22656B0DE.jpeg B7FC089E-2A5C-45AC-B26B-F4BAB7EC18EC.jpeg 874C34CC-15C1-493A-9EE2-C72B98E76BC9.jpeg
 
Hey,

That’s awesome. Really nice pieces

I suggest grabbing a bunch of frag plugs, slapping a cool name on it like a hubba-bubba grapple stylo and sell each frag $1500. Your own designer coral
 
Looks like a green pigment infection which might not stay and may fade back to the original color. Most green pigment infections do but some do turn out to keep and look like a true graft. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new