Grafting monti?

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2021
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
647
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have any luck grafting monti caps? I wanted to buy a few frags and graft them so colors intertwine. I know i can buy some but I'm getting frags for dirt cheap and big.
 
I've tried with a few different colored caps. Could never get them to "graft", one would tend to just overgrow on the other. Gave up trying when the caps started to overun the tank.
 
I bought a grafted red & green Monti which within a year was all green. The green over took the red. Next time I will keep them on separate plugs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new