Grain size too large for YWG ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter James M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

James M

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2018
Messages
9,480
Reaction score
13,006
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As title says

AF72D3D6-A76D-44D3-B2AE-8475D3D41DD1.jpeg
 
As title says

AF72D3D6-A76D-44D3-B2AE-8475D3D41DD1.jpeg
They’ll burrow but don’t sift sand so it may be ok. I haven’t kept one in thick substrate like that but I’ve seen some at a LFS in coral rubble and they weren’t able to burrow and had no hiding spaces. They did not look happy. They laid on top. It was almost like the LFS just threw them in whatever tank was available.
 
They’ll burrow but don’t sift sand so it may be ok. I haven’t kept one in thick substrate like that but I’ve seen some at a LFS in coral rubble and they weren’t able to burrow and had no hiding spaces. They did not look happy. They laid on top. It was almost like the LFS just threw them in whatever tank was available.
Thanks ! I thought they sifted sand.
Some lfs just don’t care and it sucks
 
My son's sifts sand. We just use regular Caribsea.
 
I’ll have to research this. Mine wasn’t into sifting. Gobys.... I just call them jumpers :p
I think they vary greatly. All different personalities.
 
I just read up a bit. They do occasionally sift sand but it’s not for feeding. You may be able to get away with getting one in more course substrate. So long as you think it’s fine enough for burrowing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new