Great..... im annoyex

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a I had a meleaus wrasse in qt that I bought from a member here no meds just observed. After 25 days her showed no signs of disease. So yesturday I put him in the Dt as I'm going away next week. Don't want issues while I'm away. Anyway this morning my tomini is swimming into the power heads. GREAT acting as if he gas velvet. I lost a tank to velvet before if I lose this tank it'll be a fire sale. I'll be posting the while setup minus the fish. Sorry for the rant. Just venting

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So a I had a meleaus wrasse in qt that I bought from a member here no meds just observed. After 25 days her showed no signs of disease. So yesturday I put him in the Dt as I'm going away next week. Don't want issues while I'm away. Anyway this morning my tomini is swimming into the power heads. GREAT acting as if he gas velvet. I lost a tank to velvet before if I lose this tank it'll be a fire sale. I'll be posting the while setup minus the fish. Sorry for the rant. Just venting
I would SEE if you could get someone to monitor your tank - and take action if needed (i.e. an LFS) during your vacation - someone that can treat your fish if needed - or - see if you have an LFS that could prophylactically keep your fish for you while you're away. Not sure what else is in your tank - but if the fish die while you're away - that will be a problem.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rant accepted. I feel your pain.. I lost an entire set-up due to velvet after adding a Harlequin Tusk. Gut wrenching experience.

OP
OP
01xp

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet killed my last set up. It sucks that's why a rant was needed. I'm just so much money into this that if it dies im not rebooting. It sucks I truly do like this hobby but financially can't start up again.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Velvet killed my last set up. It sucks that's why a rant was needed. I'm just so much money into this that if it dies im not rebooting. It sucks I truly do like this hobby but financially can't start up again.
The rant was fine - I was just trying to help you avoid what you seem to be resigned to happen. Sorry for your fish - but its part of the game. Bluntly - if you're not able/willing to take care of problems or potential problems - maybe this isn't the hobby for you?

OP
OP
01xp

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I am willing to. The issue is money. I'm saving for a wedding and can't afford to restock a tank. That's all if it does and I sell it off the money would go towards the wedding and eventually I'll start again

OP
OP
01xp

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rant was fine - I was just trying to help you avoid what you seem to be resigned to happen. Sorry for your fish - but its part of the game. Bluntly - if you're not able/willing to take care of problems or potential problems - maybe this isn't the hobby for you?
And I do appreciate the advice

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back