Greatings from Tehran

MrWanted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI everyone

I've been reading this forum so I though to say hi. Also Im interested in buying a full GHL system. ( I hope Vinny would make some time to answer my questions about GHL)

Its a 100 gallon sps dominated tank.

Attached are fotos from my tank.

Unfortinately we have no good access to a lot of products because of the USA boycott of our economy.

20210726_222711.jpg

20210926_203146.jpg
20210702_230611.jpg

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m see twenty thousand dollars in animals plus all normal additives pictured in a pro built sump, what’s missing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrWanted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortinately we have no good access to a lot of products because of the USA boycott of our economy

but I’m see twenty thousand dollars in animals plus all normal additives pictured in a pro built sump, what’s missing?
90% of what you see I gatherd piece by piece with long waiting list.

For example it took me 4 month to get the Vibrant.
Also for 6 month I couldn't get any salifert Nitrate test ... and the list goes on. :))

4 month a ago I paid a friend to buy me KZ coral system1234 and still not here. ;) I' ve been using any trace elements I could put hand on...

It doesn't make it cheaper or easier for me

OP
OP
M

MrWanted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the questions you have for Vinny?
Well I want to order a full GHL sys

- profilux 4
- ion director
- kh director
- 1 leak sensor
- 1 AWC doser
- 1 Slave doser

I need to know what parts should I buy for these configuration and which redundant parts should I add. I can't walk to a shop and order. I've to buy in advance because it takes months and months before some friend would buy the parts I need for me from Europe and bring them to Iran.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome! You have an amazing reef!

OP
OP
M

MrWanted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful reef.

Just shows how spoiled we are. I see people complaining about an item taking a week to come in the mail.
Well.... one weak delay
I would love it;)

We have a few lfs here where I buy most of things I need but if they run out of something or when I need some specialized product like Soda ash or Vibrant or Coral Vitalizer .. then I should call Houston and say I've problem:))

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I want to order a full GHL sys

- profilux 4
- ion director
- kh director
- 1 leak sensor
- 1 AWC doser
- 1 Slave doser

I need to know what parts should I buy for these configuration and which redundant parts should I add. I can't walk to a shop and order. I've to buy in advance because it takes months and months before some friend would buy the parts I need for me from Europe and bring them to Iran.
Beautiful setup!
Lots of growth and everything seems happy, especially that welso.

Here's a parts list of goods based on what you've listed...
I'm including the links to the GHL Germany shop so you know exactly which items I'm referring to.
  • ProfiLux 4 Mega Set
  • KH Director / Doser 2.1 Slave set
    • This comes with a slave doser
    • 3 heads are used to feed the KHD and 1 head can be used for your KH dosing schedule
    • Since the waiting times to get products to you are quite long, I would suggest getting a few extra bottles of KHD Reagent and Reference fluid bottles
    • Extra water filters to have on-hand would be helpful too
  • ION Director / Doser 2.1 Slave set
    • This comes with a slave doser
    • 3 heads are used to feed the IOND and 1 head can be used for your Ca dosing schedule
  • 1x Leak interface
    • This lets interface connects to the ProfiLux level port
    • This accessories lets you connect the one or more leak sensors to the ProfiLux controller
  • 1x Leak Sensor
    • Connects to the Leak interface
    • You can add multiple leak sensors to a single leak interface if you want to expand the area of detection
  • 1x Doser 2.1 Slave
    • This will give you the option to dose 4 other supplements; Magnesium, Trace elements, etc.
  • 3x PAB cables
    • These are the communication cables that will link the KHD set, IOND set and Slave doser to the controller system
For your AWC needs, depending on how much water you're planning to remove in one week, the Doser 2.1 may be suitable if you won't need to remove more than 4-5 liters per day. If you need to transport more water than that, I would suggest holding off for the next generation Maxi Doser which has significantly larger motors and can handle larger AWC needs. Nonetheless, these are the parts you'd need for the AWC task:

If you're looking to use the controller for managing your ATO needs, you can use the AWC's upper sensor also as your ATO sensor.

For an ATO pump, you may be able to use a Doser 2.1 pump head if the evaporation rate does not exceed 5 liters per day. Otherwise any utility pump connected to a powerbar socket will do the job.

*** Other ideas ***
With the list above, you will already have 3 level sensors connected to the controller; 2 AWC/ATO and 1 Leak Interface. If you think you'll end up wanting to use a 4th sensor, I would recommend getting an extra Level sensor splitter cable.

That 4th sensor (float) can be used to manage the low water level point in your sump to prevent the main pump from running dry. If that sounds like something you'd want to do, you will need an extra Float sensor and matching fastener. This would also attach to the same assembly rod...that is unless you would rather keep this sensor separate from the other 2 AWC sensors.

Feel free to send me a message directly if you need help with anything else.

Back