Green Algae ID and help

asaharan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, can somebody please help me identify this algae. It’s really bushy and waves in the water flow. It’s growing on the back glass as well. Any idea if this is green hair or turf algae? What’s the difference? Any ideas to bring this under control? I added a Torchus snail and a lawnmower blenny. They barely touch it. I have 2 blue legged hermits and they seem to randomly eat a little but not much. My tank is 20gallon aio and been running for almost 10 months now and have been battling this since the last month. Thanks for all the help!!

21393FBF-F473-477F-827A-2A1E1E217B95.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turf algae doesn't grow very long. Your picture looks like green hair algae. In order for your livestock to help with it, you need to manually remove as much as possible first (pull the big chunks off the rocks).

What kind of lighting do you have?
I can't tell if you have coral. If you don't, then reduce your lighting significantly (up to a total blackout). If you do have coral and use LEDs, reduce the red and green channels to 0. If you use T5s, it may be time to change 5he bulbs.

Finally, what are your parameters? You need to address the underlying imbalance if you want to beat most algae.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%
Back