Green algae ID

Pufferlover95

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
233
Reaction score
111
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this green algae covering the sand and the majority of the rock and need some help with ID.
IMG_2405.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

Photos taken around 1030pm after lights off.

Tank background information:
-80g AIO (upgraded from 40g and transferred fish, majority of water, and rock work. New livesand used)
-Tank running since 9/1/23

Last full parameters check:
IMG_2411.jpeg


Started dosing AB+ nightly since 9/21. I’ve never used it before, so I don’t know potential side effects, but the color of the food is similar to the algae color.
 
Looks like new sand uglies...
Possibly. Just wanted to make sure it was not something that I could eliminate by doing something. If it’s just part of the process and nothing needs to be done that’s fine. It’s definitely not the worst looking algae out there.
 
Possibly. Just wanted to make sure it was not something that I could eliminate by doing something. If it’s just part of the process and nothing needs to be done that’s fine. It’s definitely not the worst looking algae out there.
You can stir or vacuum the sand, add sand sifters, etc
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new