Green banded goby

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP wondering how your experience went? I've been eyeing one of these at the LFS for a while. It has been in their tank I think 3-6 months now and seems fat/healthy.

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a shark nose and the green banded. They were fine together. Super pretty fish I loved them look… but near zero personality… the shark nose has tons and was very fun to watch. Just my 2 cents

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a shark nose and the green banded. They were fine together. Super pretty fish I loved them look… but near zero personality… the shark nose has tons and was very fun to watch. Just my 2 cents
From watching the green banded at the LFS a few times it seems a lot like a clown goby in terms of personality. Very reclusive, skirting around randomly. Now you see it now you dont type deal.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These only live for about a year, by the time you get them they’re a couple months old so you’ll only have them last a few months. Personally I’d do it if you know what you’re getting and that it won’t be around too long. Sometimes you can get 2 years out of them however that’s extremely hard to achieve.

They are a species of Elacantinus so are a very similar behaviour to them however they’re a bit more shy than other species of that genus.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back