Green banded goby

OP wondering how your experience went? I've been eyeing one of these at the LFS for a while. It has been in their tank I think 3-6 months now and seems fat/healthy.
 
I kept a shark nose and the green banded. They were fine together. Super pretty fish I loved them look… but near zero personality… the shark nose has tons and was very fun to watch. Just my 2 cents
 
I kept a shark nose and the green banded. They were fine together. Super pretty fish I loved them look… but near zero personality… the shark nose has tons and was very fun to watch. Just my 2 cents
From watching the green banded at the LFS a few times it seems a lot like a clown goby in terms of personality. Very reclusive, skirting around randomly. Now you see it now you dont type deal.
 
These only live for about a year, by the time you get them they’re a couple months old so you’ll only have them last a few months. Personally I’d do it if you know what you’re getting and that it won’t be around too long. Sometimes you can get 2 years out of them however that’s extremely hard to achieve.

They are a species of Elacantinus so are a very similar behaviour to them however they’re a bit more shy than other species of that genus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new