Green Bird Wrasse Pairing

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wanted to get a pair of Bird Wrasses. I’ve had a male and I’ve had a female at different times but have never tried putting two in at once. Does anyone have experience doing this? Suggestions? I have a 240g and would probably end up buying a non-bonded pair.

OP
OP
NeuroticAquatics

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...so “bonded pair” was a wrong assumption. Any suggestions on how to introduce them so that there is less chance of aggression? Should I even expect aggression? I saw something saying to introduce the female first but not how much time in-between or any details.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...so “bonded pair” was a wrong assumption. Any suggestions on how to introduce them so that there is less chance of aggression? Should I even expect aggression? I saw something saying to introduce the female first but not how much time in-between or any details.
No. You can have 1 bird wrasse long-term. Choose either a male or female. A female will eventually transition to male. If you choose a male you don't have to wait for it to develop male colors.

Gender is determined by social interactions. Males keep females female by being aggressive toward them.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 91 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 93 45.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.8%
Back