Green Bird Wrasse

Hecticdude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Finishing up my cycle and planning on putting in some softies first in my 75 gallon. Planning my fish list and stopped by my lfs and fell in love with a Green Bird Wrasse.
Planning to put no more than 5-6 fish, mostly lps and softies.
Any suggestions or experience with this beautiful creature would be helpful. Thank you

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my understanding that they get pretty big and may require a larger tank. Also, they are not considered reef safe. It's a shame cause they are really awesome fish.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. Unfortunately a 75g is not really even close to big enough to house one of these. I had one years ago in my old pond and they are definitely cool fish though:

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Finishing up my cycle and planning on putting in some softies first in my 75 gallon. Planning my fish list and stopped by my lfs and fell in love with a Green Bird Wrasse.
Planning to put no more than 5-6 fish, mostly lps and softies.
Any suggestions or experience with this beautiful creature would be helpful. Thank you

Aggressive and get really big (too big for a 75), they are also a with caution when it comes to reefs, will eat regular inverts for sure but not sure about corals.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back