Green birds nest turning brown

  • Thread starter Thread starter uutank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uutank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
234
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost a week ago I dipped my BN as I suspected some pests on it. The next morning it completely turned white purplish, with no PE at all, I left it as it. After few days some polyps have come back. This morning I noticed The tips have started to turn brown. Since there was no PE on the coral I was feeding it every alternative days it did helped imo as some polyps came back.
Cal-440
Alk-8
Nitrate-0
Ammonia-0
Phosphate-0.25
Please reefers help me out!!
 
A Bayer dip
 
Before
0a77f9e0b85f74fe78a0a34392e07a4b.jpg


After
e3606af8050005bde7b36104745440cd.jpg

I think it’s dead, the brown thing is algae taking over it. Only on the far left side, there’s PE.
 
[emoji22]
 
Guys. I can see very small polyps still on the died part. Should I keep it or throw it.
Under actinic the green polyps are much more visible, it looks like that the polyp is not out of the tiny holes but the holes are green, the polyp just trying to come out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new