Green Brown Algea,

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have this bright Green and brown algae growing in my reef tank, my water parms are good:

Temp -77.7
Nitrates - 4
PH - 8.3
Alkalinity - 11.8
Salinity - 1.025
Calcium - 430
Mag - 1320
Phosphates - 0.02

Lights are Vipraspectra, running 50% Blue and No whites to see if that would help, not sure if is to much or to little. I did have a PAR meter when things get back to normal.

Seems that the green stuff is behind and the brown stuff in front, I do use RO/DI, I live in Florida so I do have some Silicate in the water, but when I test for TDS is 0. Honeslty have not tested for Silicate myself planing to get a Salifert test kit. I have even installed a UV and see if it helps and it has improved some... I have removed my aqua scape and srubbed the crap out of it and seems to come back.

I have also tried Vibrant and I think it did worse than good so I stopped it. I do not want to put anything else in here. Tank has been setup for two years and cannot get it right. I have scrubbed the heck out of the rocks numerous times.

Here are some pic's of the tank is driving me crazy been battling it for longer than I want to, not sure what else to do.

IMG_0764.jpg IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0766.jpg IMG_0767.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have this bright Green and brown algae growing in my reef tank, my water parms are good:

Temp -77.7
Nitrates - 4
PH - 8.3
Alkalinity - 11.8
Salinity - 1.025
Calcium - 430
Mag - 1320
Phosphates - 0.02

Lights are Vipraspectra, running 50% Blue and No whites to see if that would help, not sure if is to much or to little. I did have a PAR meter when things get back to normal.

Seems that the green stuff is behind and the brown stuff in front, I do use RO/DI, I live in Florida so I do have some Silicate in the water, but when I test for TDS is 0. Honeslty have not tested for Silicate myself planing to get a Salifert test kit. I have even installed a UV and see if it helps and it has improved some... I have removed my aqua scape and srubbed the crap out of it and seems to come back.

I have also tried Vibrant and I think it did worse than good so I stopped it. I do not want to put anything else in here. Tank has been setup for two years and cannot get it right. I have scrubbed the heck out of the rocks numerous times.

Here are some pic's of the tank is driving me crazy been battling it for longer than I want to, not sure what else to do.

IMG_0764.jpg IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0766.jpg IMG_0767.jpg
Honestly, to me that’s just the tank going through it’s ugly phase (That often lasts a few months whilst the tank is aging)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back