Green BTA problems

Bolen2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I bought this green BTA a couple months ago and it immediately disappeared. Never saw it after day 1 until tonight. I finally saw it tonight and It was clung underneath a rock that I grabbed and turned to get a better look at it and it looks like this. It looks like the tentacles are pretty much rotted away. My question is, is there a slim possibility that this could be saved? Im assuming not but any hope at all is better than none. Thanks.

32BE0404-A519-4213-B045-97BF53ECCF48.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is in very much distress. Either too much or too little light and water flow

ScionFRSguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be just fine. Despite the tentacles being rotted, it still has a nice fully body that's going to expand. You can see the thickness in the body, that's a great sign. It's not like it's shrived up into a tiny body with no tentacles. I've seen anemones in worst conditions come back to full health and coloration. I would avoid heavy feeding as it takes a lot of energy out of them. If anything, you can do light feeding once a week. I would avoid powered foods like reefroids or TDO, instead, try giving a small super thin slice of squid, scallop, or shrimp. Natural meaty foods work best.

Some people might suggest using CIPRO but I wouldn't do it. It just needs some time to recover. Good luck!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back