Green Bubble Tip Anemone Dying?

zmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I recently got this BTA 3 days ago. My tank has been up for about 8 years. I just decided to add it for my 2 clowns. I have some frags that are doing great but I know if the BTA dies it may cause my tank to crash. My question is does this look like its dying or expelling waste? It looked great for 2 days now this morning it looks to have gone downhill. Its been like that for a few hours now. The open mouth has me concerned and it was expelling stringy mucus like stuff. I can get exact water conditions but they have been stable for awhile now. I haven't really fed it directly just fed the clowns. I've also covered the wave maker so it cant get sucked in. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to see if its just a wait and let it get acclimated more. Thanks, Ryan

IMG_6979.jpg 71008686472__F990DD3C-9A5C-4C9B-A790-0E551F23078D.jpg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it acclimate to the tank. Don’t feed it or move it
Should do well in a tank that’s been set up for that long

Upvote 0

Meltaniver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Ryan! I understand your concerns about the health of your newly acquired BTA

It's not uncommon for anemones to go through an acclimation period when introduced to a new tank. During this time, they may exhibit some stress-related behaviors, such as retracting their tentacles or expelling mucus. However, it's essential to closely monitor the anemone's condition to ensure it is not experiencing any severe issues.

Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back