Green Bubble Tip Anemone

matrixzzai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30C02129-1EF7-41B0-9869-EF8C71D79AB0.jpeg

So this is my green bubble tip anemone looks like when lights are out. Is it bleaching cause the color looks pale?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the lights go out they will expel they water in their body When the lights go off the color you see is gone due to the blue light highlights the color of their zooxanthellae
The expelling of water is both a defensive and health measure. Their are many fish that come out at night that would eat them. An removing the water reduces the chance of infections.

OP
OP
M

matrixzzai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the lights go out they will expel they water in their body When the lights go off the color you see is gone due to the blue light highlights the color of their zooxanthellae
The expelling of water is both a defensive and health measure. Their are many fish that come out at night that would eat them. An removing the water reduces the chance of infections.

do you know what the white thing on my acan?

8BA04D59-9F10-4A18-B880-5C1DF30CAFDA.jpeg

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as the anemone expelled water so do acans and all other corals do. Acans can be damaged on their edges an this causes a bacteria infection. That requires a lugols iodine dip.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back