Green Cabbage leather coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter KBnewbie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KBnewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2023
Messages
38
Reaction score
10
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cabbage has dark spot on it and I was wondering if this is normal or if it is decay and needs to be removed?

IMG_2254.jpeg IMG_2255.jpeg
 
is it removable? It looks like a hole in the flesh, hard to tell in the pic
 
Looks like a pebble stuck in the flesh. When I first saw it I thought it was a piece of sand.
 
IF it is something like sand, you can pull it off if want. The leather will grow around it or cover it. Sometimes these just get holes and no ill effects happen. The cabbage coral is very hardy.
 

Attachments

  • neon cabbage.JPG
    neon cabbage.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 223
My cabbage has dark spot on it and I was wondering if this is normal or if it is decay and needs to be removed?

IMG_2254.jpeg IMG_2255.jpeg
When mine has this- its in the process of shedding which is normal at times. you can add iodine to water to assure there is no burn/bacteria developed.
As you may know - provide medium water flow towards it.
 
Thanks, I believe I’ll leave it alone for now and see what happens.
 
The spot is hard. I think it is the frag plug underneath coming through the top of the coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new