Green coraline algae

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all the years that I have been interested in the hobby I have heard of green coraline algae but never seen it in person. Recently my tank hit the 10 month mark and I was stoked about the pink and purple coraline algae that has been spreading in the tank, slow but steady. However, over the last few weeks those have slowed and green coraline algae is really outpacing its growth.
Tonight during my halftime break I started to really take a close look at the tank and noticed alot of green coraline algae, I mean alot by comparison.

Any thoughts as to why it would outpace the pink and purple or where it might originate? The tank was started with dry rock and nothing I brought in had green coraline on it, yeah it could have been spores.

It's definitely coraline, it is hard and won't scrape easily. In the first pic you can see it on my overflow along side a purple spot.

Oh BTW, I seeded the tank with snails who had coraline, some small pieces of rock and one bottle of the liquid stuff, just FYI.

Lol I clean 3 panes of glass, I leave the forth as is for my CUC and blenny that's why its algae covered

Back