Green Encrusting Monti Turning Purple

KookieSnatcha

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Mad Grinch Monti about 3 weeks ago and it has slowly been developing purple spots on it, the original green color isn't fading, just new purple areas popping up. When I first got it these spots weren't present, only a little purple on the edges. Is this something to be concerned about? It still has polyps in the new purple spots. I attached some pictures of the progression of the purple areas.

IMG_4387.jpeg


IMG_4412.jpeg


IMG_4427.jpeg
 
Cool. Do you have full lineage from the original namer? I see Tank Facts site shows one with some purple spots.
 
Cool. Do you have full lineage from the original namer? I see Tank Facts site shows one with some purple spots.
My lineage stops at the company I got it from which was AquaSD haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new