Green slimer smell

  • Thread starter Thread starter davidm777
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

davidm777

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2024
Messages
117
Reaction score
109
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Rookie question. Do acros smell more than other corals?
I have mainly LPS, a monty, a pocilliopora and a deep sea acro. I just got a small Green Slimer coral and I noticed it has a strong smell. Didn't smell foul, just intense. I have heard dying across have a peculiar smell. I know Sanjay knew his tank had crashed when he opened his home door. All from the smell...
Makes me curious is this normal or did I get a dying coral? It looked good on the store, pretty green no white.... right now lights are out that is why I am not including a pic.
 
The only coral I've smelled that stinks worse than acros is rotten LPS
Not a coral - but a rotting Bubble Tip Nem is the worst thing I ever smelt!
 
Acros do smell pungent, especially when removed from water.
 
Ever smelled a dying snail?
I have.
200w (6).gif
 
You ever drunk baileys from a shoe?
Never but I guarantee that if you drink enough of the Baileys, you won’t care how smelly the sho is 😉
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new