Green stalks growing on snail shells?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GobyGuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GobyGuy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2022
Messages
266
Reaction score
157
Location
Uh?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some green macro algae growing on the back of my snails. It seems to be a single stalk and is rather stuck on there, sometimes the stalks go white if they're surrounded by hair algae on the snails back. I will attach pictures later - does anyone know what I'm dealing with, without pictures
 
I have some green macro algae growing on the back of my snails. It seems to be a single stalk and is rather stuck on there, sometimes the stalks go white if they're surrounded by hair algae on the snails back. I will attach pictures later - does anyone know what I'm dealing with, without pictures
A picture is worth a thousand words:) Could it be https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/calcareous-growth-everywhere.888190/. ?

If it is an algae - it is not likely to be a problem causer
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7785.jpg
    IMG_7785.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7787.jpg
    IMG_7787.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 61

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new