Green star polyp abs kenya tree help

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add green star polyps and a kenya tree to my 25G reef but I have heard so many horror stories of them taking over tanks! If I put them on their own rocks separate from my other structures will it be okay? Or is it best to avoid them? Any help appreciated! I am new to corals :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add green star polyps and a kenya tree to my 25G reef but I have heard so many horror stories of them taking over tanks! If I put them on their own rocks separate from my other structures will it be okay? Or is it best to avoid them? Any help appreciated! I am new to corals :)
Gsp yes keyna trees will split and float around the tank. Be vigilant with thr keyna trees. I love them but the limb dropping can be a pain at times.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP is fine when controlled. I keep mats of them on the back glass. Here they are easy to remove in sheets which also make great frags.

Its when they get onto the aquas cape they become a pest as they are hard to remove without disturbing the rock work. They easily run over many coral types, and that coral becomes GSP.
This piece below was about a year old from frag and came off in one piece.
0BB39A05-2E4E-42AE-9CFD-E29E17672E8A.jpeg

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gsp is very very invasive, I would put it on its own island. As for Kenya, I would try out green sinularia, same concept but better.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back