Green star polyps

Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

So I was out of the office for a few days, one of my green star polyps fell off the rocks into the gravel and closed up and hasn't opened for over 24 hours,

Is there anything that can be done to help it?

Or any assistance for this would be amazing!

Thanks in advance

Also if anyone knows what is growing out from them as well?
E788C3BE-2D30-42A7-9EF6-CB64779A1FAA.jpeg

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, do you know what the weird stuff growing out of them is?
Looks like a macro algae. Just pluck it off. The GSP was the first coral I got and it went through hell while my tank finished its ugly phases, it has had everything on it imaginable including GHA, dinos and urchins, it came through like a champ.
I've never dipped it in hydrogen peroxide but I did everything else to kill off algae and it works.
Dip 5 minutes, rinse in tank water and place back in tank, algae dies within a few days

OP
OP
Bankertanker

Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a macro algae. Just pluck it off. The GSP was the first coral I got and it went through hell while my tank finished its ugly phases, it has had everything on it imaginable including GHA, dinos and urchins, it came through like a champ.
I've never dipped it in hydrogen peroxide but I did everything else to kill off algae and it works.
Dip 5 minutes, rinse in tank water and place back in tank, algae dies within a few days
Fantastic thank you for your help!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back