Green Toadstool Leather Health Question

Tank Sinatra

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like a second opinion on the health of my Green Toadstool leather. I have had in in my system for a little over a year and it has always been open and happy. About a week ago I started to notice some small tears in its flesh. (See attached pictures) I think it may be dropping off a piece to propagate, but if not it this something I should be worried about?

Tank: 100gal, salt- 34.4, PH- 7.88-8.16, Temp- 78°F, Alk 8.44dkh, Ca - 380, Mg 1339

Light Off.jpg Front.jpg Close Up.jpg
 
Soft Coral are tricky, they have a mind of there own, sometimes you can't control them. Now, has it been moved, stressed? Is anything picking at it during night (you might have to check in the middle of the night.)

also, what are your Iodine levels? any drastic change in phosphate and nitrate? Any recent spikes in competition over natural food ie.. any algae bloom?
 
what are your Iodine levels?

I do not currently know my iodine levels, but I did a ICP test about 3-4 months ago and my levels where in the normal range.

any drastic change in phosphate and nitrate? Any recent spikes in competition over natural food ie.. any algae bloom?

Both questions got me thinking, I am currently in the end game of an epic green hair algae battle. Part of the battle plan was to implement GFO into the system. I did not tested my phosphate and nitrate this week and your question is making me think maybe I have zeroed one or both out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new