Green wolf eel

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Found a really good deal on the green wolf eel (dottyback LOL). Love this fish, been reading about them for a while now. Considering pulling the trigger. As with all eels I know the chance of them eating a fish is a fair chance. Smallest fish in my 125 arena long nose hawk, midas blenny, and two mandarin dragonets. Some sites (and people) say that they are more aggressive than morays as far as eating fish? Also would there be an issue with Ivar and Ghost, my morays? The one I found is between 4 and 7 inches. The morays are both 12 inches or so. Thoughts?

@lion king @Slocke any opinions?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish would be toast with that "eel", they can be very aggressive. I know you are having good luck now, but those fish should not be in a tank with a fang tooth eel. Mature snowflakes will even eat fish that size, with the exception of a large midas.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish would be toast with that "eel", they can be very aggressive. I know you are having good luck now, but those fish should not be in a tank with a fang tooth eel. Mature snowflakes will even eat fish that size, with the exception of a large midas.
Okay cool! Thats kinda what I was wanting to know. Seems they are more aggressive than morays then? Ill pass on one until I can make a species tank I think!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Found a really good deal on the green wolf eel (dottyback LOL). Love this fish, been reading about them for a while now. Considering pulling the trigger. As with all eels I know the chance of them eating a fish is a fair chance. Smallest fish in my 125 arena long nose hawk, midas blenny, and two mandarin dragonets. Some sites (and people) say that they are more aggressive than morays as far as eating fish? Also would there be an issue with Ivar and Ghost, my morays? The one I found is between 4 and 7 inches. The morays are both 12 inches or so. Thoughts?

@lion king @Slocke any opinions?
I have only known one and that one was in a tub of rock at a LFS. The employees would play with it by playing chicken with their fingers. I’m sure it would be fun in a single species tank but not a community fish at all.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only known one and that one was in a tub of rock at a LFS. The employees would play with it by playing chicken with their fingers. I’m sure it would be fun in a single species tank but not a community fish at all.
That sounds like someone wanting to lose a finger lol. Yeah Ill hold off. Beautiful fish. Ill stick with the green wolf eel my boyfriend gave me lol

Attachments

• IMG_3703.png
    IMG_3703.png
    452.9 KB · Views: 21

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back