Greetings from California

RoseQuatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Let me start off by saying I am SO excited to have found a forum for all-things reefing!

I am new to Reef2Reef and I look forward to communicating with fellow hobbyists.

I am located in Orange County, CA and have been reef keeping on/off over the past 10 years (2011 - 2014 then 2020 - now). My '11 build was a 75g mixed reef that I took down before leaving to university. In 2020, I decided to pick the hobby back up and purchased a 32g cube that lasted a year until I decided to upgrade to my current 120g:). My aspirations for this build is to do mixed reef again but with a bigger emphasis on SPS coral - mainly acropora species.

For livestock I have:
- Green Chromis x2
- Royal Gramma x1
- Purple Firefish x1
- Mandarin Goby x1
- Gladiator Clownfish x2
- Purple Tang x1
- Achilles Tang x1
- Cleaner Shrimp x2

For corals I have:
- Gold(?) octospawn
- Gold branching micro hammer
- Green tip torch

As we all know, its a process... but I look forward to sharing it here:D.

P.S. Here are some pictures

IMG_3117.jpg
rex and reyna.jpg
IMG_3111.jpg
IMG_3101.jpg
IMG_3100.jpg
torch.jpg

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Let me start off by saying I am SO excited to have found a forum for all-things reefing!

I am new to Reef2Reef and I look forward to communicating with fellow hobbyists.

I am located in Orange County, CA and have been reef keeping on/off over the past 10 years (2011 - 2014 then 2020 - now). My '11 build was a 75g mixed reef that I took down before leaving to university. In 2020, I decided to pick the hobby back up and purchased a 32g cube that lasted a year until I decided to upgrade to my current 120g:). My aspirations for this build is to do mixed reef again but with a bigger emphasis on SPS coral - mainly acropora species.

For livestock I have:
- Green Chromis x2
- Royal Gramma x1
- Purple Firefish x1
- Mandarin Goby x1
- Gladiator Clownfish x2
- Purple Tang x1
- Achilles Tang x1
- Cleaner Shrimp x2

For corals I have:
- Gold(?) octospawn
- Gold branching micro hammer
- Green tip torch

As we all know, its a process... but I look forward to sharing it here:D.

P.S. Here are some pictures

IMG_3117.jpg
rex and reyna.jpg
IMG_3111.jpg
IMG_3101.jpg
IMG_3100.jpg
torch.jpg

Welcome to R2R!! This community is by far the greatest. An abundance of help, advice, tips, tricks and stories. #happyreefing

snl join us d GIF

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back