Greetings from Charleston!

Welcome to the Reef
Photo_1665678724421.jpg
 
I've used Reef2Reef about a thousand times so I figured it's about time I made an account. Originally started knowing absolutely nothing with a 75 gallon tank I picked up covered in spiderwebs from a garage sale for $50 and said "I'm just sticking with fish, there is no way I am spending all that time/money/energy on corals...."

So anyway I am spending all that time/money/energy on corals now. I now have a little 16 gallon reef tank in my office which is really coming along nicely thanks to help from Reef2Reef and the awesome local shops in the Charleston area offering excellent advice. Eventually I want to convert my 75 gallon into a predator reef tank but that is still on the to-do list for now...

Welcome! Glad you joined. Agree it is a great resource! Your 'thousand times' made me giggle (and I so relate! You fit right in here!!)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Charleston:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new