0   0   0
Howdy and welcome!
coral_crinoid_chimney_787med.jpg

Aggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am relatively new on Reef 2 Reef. I am an Aggie alumni with a degree in Marine Biology & have an extensive history working around & with aquatic life, I have just recently started my first saltwater tanks for myself. I have to say it is a totally different experience. Loving it! I own two 55gal saltwater tanks and a 40gal freshwater aquaponics system that grows produce. I have had my aquaponics system for a long time. My oldest of the 2 saltwater tanks is about ready for me to start adding corals (I am a complete newbie when it comes to corals). My newest 55 just got done cycling & I have plans to turn it into a predator tank (mini style). In it have a blue spotted puffer, hawkfish, & 3 velvet damsels thus far. Want to get a dwarf lion & a snowflake eel. Looking for other mini predator fish ideas. Thought about a frogfish or scorpion fish, but want to see how my puffer does with the lion first. I don't want any of my new babies to get nipped at.
My favorite animals are sharks, rays, & octopuses. I hope to own tanks one day that accommodate them. For now diving with them will have to be good enough. Also, curious about ordering animals online. I don't know which sites I can trust to be humane in their treatment of animals before & during the shipping process.
Howdy, I am class 1967. I had a 125 gal reef tank with fish built in the wall between two rooms. Really Cool! Sold it with the house 14 years ago. I am just starting back with a Corallife Biocube 32. Miss the colors, fish and the moving water. Thanks for responding I sure with your background I can learn a lot from you. Once I get it up and cycled through I'll touch base. GIG'EM

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.2%
Back