OP
N

Nano Saltyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Rishi ! It’s been like 10 years since I left India . How’s reefing scene there now ? I remember most hard corals were banned especially acropora in early 2000s and equipments were extremely sparse .
Hello Abhishek Bhai....!
Well a lot has changed here since the last 10 years, but unfortunately no changes for the reefing hobby when it comes to SPS corals, I am fairly new to the salt side of aquarium keeping but i’ve only seen corals like Torches, Mushrooms, GSPs, Zoanthids, etc. being kept. Although I have heard about a lot of hobbyists who are keeping Acroporas and other SPS corals despite the ban. When it comes to equipments and other tank supplements or additives, we have a lot of variety available, it’s just that they are quite expensive compared to prices in US, which is partly (but mostly) the reason that Saltwater fishkeeping is so rare in India.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R. We are glad to have you here.

We love pictures so start a build thread and ask us if you face any problem. :)

SiD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone..!
I am Rishi from India, I have been in the Aquarium hobby since 5 years, but mostly been keeping freshwater, I want to move to saltwater now and I wanted to start with a fish only system. I got to know that R2R is a wonderful community full of experienced and helpful hobbyists where I can reach out with my doubts and questions. I’ll be posting some questions that I have very soon. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.
Cheers..!
Welcome to the forum Rishi.

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Rishi! My parents are from Mumbai and Nadiad, and still have family there. Dad and mom came to US in the 70’s. Can’t wait to visit India once Covid is over. Haven’t been since 98!

praveen

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back