Greetings from Maryland

Naptown Scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Annapolis. Enjoy
58E8CB32-45CF-4703-B23E-CB20E3457752.gif
In Annapolis too. What kind of tank you got?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

My name is Kris and I currently reside in St. Mary's County Maryland. I currently have 2 dogs, a Yorkie (Spartacus) and Miniature Schnauzer (Thor), which are in my avatar. My other hobbies are cars and shooting pool.

I have decided to come to Reef2Reef because I think it is time for me to start putting a tank together. I look forward to learning from all of you and hopefully in time I will have a tank to be proud of.
welcome you came to the right place ps; love shooting pool happy reefing

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thank you all for the warm greetings. I apologize for the slow response, I have been reading a ton on my iPad, I just hate typing on it lol. It's nice to see so many people in driving distance.

So after pricing tanks piece meal and as packages, I finally decided on a Red Sea Reefer deluxe 250 (I wanted bigger :p). My decision was largely based on tank weight as I have a crawlspace with a dirt floor and for insurance reasons I was going to have the floor reinforced by a pro but they must all be too busy for that small task. That said in 5-7 years I may move and not make the crawlspace mistake again.

Back to the fish, I currently have a 10 gallon QT cycling with some Bio-Spira and Dr. Tim's Ammonia. My Tank will be here on Wednesday and I will start setting it up. I suspect I will be waiting on plumbing parts based on the build threads I have been reading but by Friday the stand, tank with dry rock, and sump should be up. Since I am very green at Reef tanks I will do a build thread to gather knowledge and help people just like me.

Finally, I have attached my current plan for live stock. Feel free to comment.

Fish tank livestock.PNG

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! We aren't exclusively about reef tanks and fish, we also have a "show us your canine companion" thread. Welcome Spartacus and Thor as well.

Awesome, I will have to get their winter coat cleaned up to get a recent pic in that thread. Thor is particular about looking good in public.

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I’m in St. Mary’s county too! Welcome! Anyone know if the Southern MD Reefer club is still active? It’s a bit of a drive to source fish and corals.

I do not, I was unaware of it. I will try to find it on Facebook. @Silent may be able to answer that question better.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not, I was unaware of it. I will try to find it on Facebook. @Silent may be able to answer that question better.
Yes it is active. Website is semi active. We have a club meeting every month. Check out SMMAS which is Southern Maryland Marine Aquarium Society as a website and on Facebook.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I’m in St. Mary’s county too! Welcome! Anyone know if the Southern MD Reefer club is still active? It’s a bit of a drive to source fish and corals.
We just had some fish donated to the club. We autioned them off. I got a yellow tang for $7 and a kole tang for $18. Someone else got a powder blue for $41 and another got a flame angel for $12.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back