Corals.com
Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome, those are some pretty fish!
Thanks Fred2482! They're getting a long ok so far. I was a little concerned putting a Royal Gramma and Purple Firefish together in a 50 gallon, as their considered "with caution" I didn't see them fighting, but the Gramma got a little tail and right side pec fin damage. But they've been fine since. Have a good day!

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to R2R!
Keep an eye on those Marine Pure plates. My tank's nitrates and phosphates dropped to zero after a couple of months. Chaeto started dying. There was nothing for it to eat! LOL

OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to R2R!
Keep an eye on those Marine Pure plates. My tank's nitrates and phosphates dropped to zero after a couple of months. Chaeto started dying. There was nothing for it to eat! LOL
Thanks for the advise Big G. I did have zero nitrate two weeks ago. But it came up to 10 ppm last week. I think everything will work out well with the Miracle Mudd and Ocean Magic. I also started feeding a little more. Now I'm slowly bringing up the calcium before I start putting any corals in.

OP
Chief1301

Chief1301

View Badges
Reaction score
I lived in Oakley for 9 years in the 90's. Their used to be some cool lfs in Concord area. Not sure whats left 20+ years later lol
All about Fish is still in Pleasant Hill. There's a new little LFS off Monument called Diablo Corals. California Reef Company in Newark is pretty good.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

Do you have a VISION for your reef tank?

• YES a vision and a plan

Votes: 114 51.4%
  • YES a vision but not much planing

Votes: 40 18.0%
  • NO vision just creating as I go

Votes: 62 27.9%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 6 2.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors