Greetings from the Baltimore Area.

Zodem

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Messages
74
Reaction score
98
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, I have been lurking for a while and decided to join. I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 Reef Tank with mostly all the upgrades possible, and a 10 gallon frag tank which is being setup up in a couple days to grow some corals to put into the Fluval Evo. I am Getting back into the hobby after a 10 or so year hiatus. Looking to gain some knowledge on if a 10 gallon bare bottom tank is alright for frags with the following.

Tank
Sicce Nano Voyager 270 gph
Regular Top fin 50w
Fluval Aquaclear 30 Filter
Etsy frag tank tiered rack
NICREW Saltwater Light 18-24in
Topfin 20 inch lid with parts cut out for gasses, filter, wires.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/118677...60469495953ed7c48dfa59c8a503109c52:1186778356
LFS water sourced and always great parameters, and weekly water trips are no issue.
I will be installing an ATO before anything other than lps corals.
lfs store providing the saltwater, "live" rock if I even put any in the frag tank, and plans are a wrasse and a blenny with a couple snails. I would like to add corals from different sources so hopefully that is not an issue.

Any answers/comments/questions are much appreciated.
 
Last edited:
1703665444535.jpeg
 
Hello there, I have been lurking for a while and decided to join. I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 Reef Tank with mostly all the upgrades possible, and a 10 gallon frag tank which is being setup up in a couple days to grow some corals to put into the Fluval Evo. I am Getting back into the hobby after a 10 or so year hiatus. Looking to gain some knowledge on if a 10 gallon bare bottom tank is alright for frags with the following.

Tank
Sicce Nano Voyager 270 gph
Regular Top fin 50w
Fluval Aquaclear 30 Filter
Etsy frag tank tiered rack
NICREW Saltwater Light 18-24in
Topfin 20 inch lid with parts cut out for gasses, filter, wires.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/118677...60469495953ed7c48dfa59c8a503109c52:1186778356
LFS water sourced and always great parameters, and weekly water trips are no issue.
I will be installing an ATO before anything other than lps corals.
lfs store providing the saltwater, "live" rock if I even put any in the frag tank, and plans are a wrasse and a blenny with a couple snails. I would like to add corals from different sources so hopefully that is not an issue.

Any answers/comments/questions are much appreciated.
Welcome and Happy Reefing!
 
Hello there, I have been lurking for a while and decided to join. I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 Reef Tank with mostly all the upgrades possible, and a 10 gallon frag tank which is being setup up in a couple days to grow some corals to put into the Fluval Evo. I am Getting back into the hobby after a 10 or so year hiatus. Looking to gain some knowledge on if a 10 gallon bare bottom tank is alright for frags with the following.

Tank
Sicce Nano Voyager 270 gph
Regular Top fin 50w
Fluval Aquaclear 30 Filter
Etsy frag tank tiered rack
NICREW Saltwater Light 18-24in
Topfin 20 inch lid with parts cut out for gasses, filter, wires.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/118677...60469495953ed7c48dfa59c8a503109c52:1186778356
LFS water sourced and always great parameters, and weekly water trips are no issue.
I will be installing an ATO before anything other than lps corals.
lfs store providing the saltwater, "live" rock if I even put any in the frag tank, and plans are a wrasse and a blenny with a couple snails. I would like to add corals from different sources so hopefully that is not an issue.

Any answers/comments/questions are much appreciated.
I am doing something similar in a 2.5g tank. I put about a cup of sand in the bottom but I would definitely not call it a sand bed tank.
 

Attachments

  • 20231219_080520.jpg
    20231219_080520.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 53
  • Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230916_145358_0000.png
    20230916_145358_0000.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 70
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new