Greetings from the Netherlands!

hmmmmm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to introduce myself, i have been reefing for about 2 years now. Ive had 3 tanks sofar, all bought from our version of craigslist. After getting them to run properly i sold them to fund some of the gear i wanted and to get some experience without risking fish and coral that would feel a bit more personal. Got most of my intel from BRS videos, must have watched most of them twice by now :rolleyes:

So now im in the proces of collecting stuff and more info to start my own build. Apex, AWC, elevated levels, basement sump etc are on the list. Ive been scouring the web to get good deals and making some gambles on used equipment, repairing it, or sometimes just selling up to afford some other luxery item.

No thread is is proper without pics so just some stuff from the past 2 years:
Picked up a Reefer 170 in Belgium
FskDRe0.jpg

Filled it with livestock from all over Holland (Com. Engineer by trade, lots of miles on the road every year, so easier to pick the best deals. Couple of rescues here and there that i got for free.
Ln16tRN.jpg

Lucky shot from one of the torches in there
33U7nNn.jpg

Then one of the later projects, found a dysfunctional Eheim tank with a lot of corals, and no maintenance for a little while.. Emptied it and the cleaning commenced
0nX1tFC.jpg

Lots of nice corals though :) Put everything in buckets and dumped it in an emergency tank
nD59J0O.jpg

Not everything survived but plenty left to gain some insight in different species
DxxPYEV.jpg

My favorite piece from the tank, this one made it out fine
db3cdep.jpg

Rescaped the tank ready for coral transfer
Y4eeCtv.jpg

And just 2 of my favorite pals that made their way in the tank. Nursed the fish back from a bad ich infection
LzSbw8c.jpg

Lx9jgYl.jpg

All in all its been a fun ride. Now im trying to build something from the ground up with the livestock i love and not just rescues or good deals. Still have many questions so im sure ill be bothering some of you over the coming months. I will create a build thread asap!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back