Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Welcome to the reef. Like you I discovered this forum as it seemed to always come up when I googled a question. Finally joined, then chose to become a supporting member and later a partner member to keep the forum available for others to come. We started culturing copepods and phytoplankton eventually selling some on here as a hobbyist. Eventually we decided to try to make a career out of it so we are now sponsors as well. I love the community here and the wealth of knowledge. Thanks for joining us.

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Longtime lurker and finally created an account.

Started my first saltwater tank in November of '22. It was a used RS300XL with all of the RedSea accessories. Had various success but ended up flooding the basement after leaving the RODI filter running. Approx 25 gallons on LVP flooring wasn't too big of headache but I was definitely frustrated:oops:. Coupling the frustration and experiencing a mid-career crisis (potentially moving out of state) I decommissioned the tank and sold it.

6 months later I've finally settled my career ambitions and the wife is encouraging starting up a new tank (partly due to my insisting we go to the LFS's and look at fish;))

We come from FW tanks for the past few years where I have played with WC systems, sumps, and other DIY projects. The wife currently has a 125G FW with a bunch of oddballs. I plumbed it for easy WC's and minimal maintenance on my part.

Currently planning my next SW tank and stuck between staying at the 300Xl size or moving up to something larger. There's a nice WB Infinia Frag for sale in Portland that's caught my eye but its on the larger side of what I was thinking. If anyone semi-local has equipment they are selling I may be interested as I try to rebuild.

Anyways I hope to learn all I can from the site and add to the discussions as I learn more or find my professional and/or DIY experience relevant.

thanks,

Brandon
Welcome to R2R and Happy Reefing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 98 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back