Greetings

Ms. Joanne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody. I came here because I wanted to share my journey into Picco reef keeping; more accurately, because I could not find enough information anywhere, I decided to just go for it and share as I go. The photo and video posted this morning is of the tank 6weeks in cycle. no chemical or additives just a piece of rotting shrimp. The first water change is schedule in October which will be the 8th week (2nd month) here I will change 50% of the water in preparation for the addition of the clean-up crew and yes, I will share photos and videos as often as I can. As it is such a small tank I have not yet decided how to solve the top off issue; one thing that I will not do is but an ato, the last one I had malfunctioned and proceeded to dump 3 gallons of ro/di water into a 3 1/2-gallon nano reef tank and obviously flooding the floor!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f4e447b9-5e67-4b02-af0d-2f28e9db692c.gif

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody. I came here because I wanted to share my journey into Picco reef keeping; more accurately, because I could not find enough information anywhere, I decided to just go for it and share as I go. The photo and video posted this morning is of the tank 6weeks in cycle. no chemical or additives just a piece of rotting shrimp. The first water change is schedule in October which will be the 8th week (2nd month) here I will change 50% of the water in preparation for the addition of the clean-up crew and yes, I will share photos and videos as often as I can. As it is such a small tank I have not yet decided how to solve the top off issue; one thing that I will not do is but an ato, the last one I had malfunctioned and proceeded to dump 3 gallons of ro/di water into a 3 1/2-gallon nano reef tank and obviously flooding the floor!

Welcome to the Dark Side...

Welcome.jpg

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To maintain salinity stability I see no other way but an ATO. I was doing manual TO and my salinity moved daily. In a small tank that fluctuation will be more.

Welcome to R2R

Attachments

• die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif
    die-hard-john-mc-clane.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 10

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a page I found. It has a salinity calculator that should be helpful

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome .
many years ago I started my systems the same way .
Ato can be safe if they’re setup properly .
newer ones seam to be almost fail safe .
that being said I have had the same tunze ato for years and never any issues .

feel free to share pictures of your build , and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask .
Now is the perfect time to Look into starting a build thread .
makes it easy to document your progress along the journey

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back