Grey/white mucus looking stuff

Saltwater_hobbiest

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2025
Messages
107
Reaction score
19
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be worried about this stuff on my rocks. Sorry if it is hard to see but there are more spots on my rocks with it as well and I am wondering what it is?

IMG_7764.jpeg
 
Looks a bit like sponge to me. Do you know what texture it has?
 
The white one looks like a sponge that nearly killed my corky finger, thats bad stuff. You can use tweezers and pull it off. Don't know what the blue stuff is.
 
I poked at it a little and it almost goes right through it. The texture is very soft.
Hmm it’s hard to say for sure. If in doubt, take it out… if it’s very soft I would scrape it of and siphon it out as much as you can
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new