Griev's 50 Gallon Lagoon AIO - #SavePinkyTheWrasse!

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time??

This will probably be the second to last update on the tank because... I'm about to move across the country at the end of the month, and I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade to a 200 gallon!

Unfortunately between being extremely busy at work and the complications of WFH with kids, the tank had a few hiccups. Trident stopped working for a week and I didn't notice, which lead to it over dosing and causing a spike, followed by an outbreak of bubble algae.

Good news is I've caught up on maintenance and finally got things stabilized. Bubble algae on the run!

Here's the FTS, can still see a lot of bubble algae, but 60-70% is dying back thanks to some husbandry (and a dose of fluconazole to speed things up).

PXL_20210307_191343266.MP.jpg

I couldn't find any good info about fluconazole and mangroves, but based on my understanding of how it works, they should be fine. So far so good!

PXL_20210307_191358209.MP.jpg

As for what's next, I'm starting a 200 gallon rimless mixed reef inspired by the "dutch" style freshwater planted tanks. You can follow along here once I get all moved in;

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will probably be the second to last update on the tank because... I'm about to move across the country at the end of the month, and I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade to a 200 gallon!

Unfortunately between being extremely busy at work and the complications of WFH with kids, the tank had a few hiccups. Trident stopped working for a week and I didn't notice, which lead to it over dosing and causing a spike, followed by an outbreak of bubble algae.

Good news is I've caught up on maintenance and finally got things stabilized. Bubble algae on the run!

Here's the FTS, can still see a lot of bubble algae, but 60-70% is dying back thanks to some husbandry (and a dose of fluconazole to speed things up).

PXL_20210307_191343266.MP.jpg

I couldn't find any good info about fluconazole and mangroves, but based on my understanding of how it works, they should be fine. So far so good!

PXL_20210307_191358209.MP.jpg

As for what's next, I'm starting a 200 gallon rimless mixed reef inspired by the "dutch" style freshwater planted tanks. You can follow along here once I get all moved in;

I will miss following this tank but I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with 200 gallons of space to play with. Good luck with your move, I’m in the moving business and my company is based in the Bay Area. 7x more outbound than inbound shipments out of CA right now so all my coworkers are booming. If you are using a mover schedule the services early, there’s a shortage of drivers/trailers because it’s so lopsided.

OP
OP
Griev

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will miss following this tank but I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with 200 gallons of space to play with. Good luck with your move, I’m in the moving business and my company is based in the Bay Area. 7x more outbound than inbound shipments out of CA right now so all my coworkers are booming. If you are using a mover schedule the services early, there’s a shortage of drivers/trailers because it’s so lopsided.

Oh yeah, this was one of the first things we booked as soon as we had a renovation completion target.

genelee112601

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice tank!

*quick questions
im planning to add Trident and have exact same tank as you , since Trident is Recommended to mount over the water level.. do you have any problem with your Trident mounted under the tank ?

thanks in advance !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back