Status
Not open for further replies.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new here and new at this "grow out" thing. But I'd be interested. If someone could explain how it works. How much exactly do I need to pay and what else should I need to do?

You need to reference the other growout thread (in a nutshell); you pay the money to the supplier, the frags are sent to the grower, the grower grows them out (may be a year or more - yes there are some risks involved (frag may die or morph) - when there are enough polyps for everyone to receive their 3 polyp frag, the grower contacts the cordinator who lets everyone know how much their shipping will be. Once they've paid shipping costs, the grower ships to everyone who originally paid to be in on the growout.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to reference the other growout thread (in a nutshell); you pay the money to the supplier, the frags are sent to the grower, the grower grows them out (may be a year or more - yes there are some risks involved (frag may die or morph) - when there are enough polyps for everyone to receive their 3 polyp frag, the grower contacts the cordinator who lets everyone know how much their shipping will be. Once they've paid shipping costs, the grower ships to everyone who originally paid to be in on the growout.

That about sums it up.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a year or more eyy? lol lets hope it doesnt take that long. lol
I would think at the most 6 months. We are talking 36 polyps of each type (3 polyps x12 pple). That is for this grow out. This grow out has nothing to do with the other one that is now on its own thread.
The problems I am seeing is that there are 11 different kinds in this grow out and room will be a factor, but I am planning on fragging along as they grow and will probably be placing all the different frags on one mount per member (cut from LR-average size 6"x6") and the receiver will have to frag that up if they want to separate all the different kinds.
If there are a few of the 11 that are slower growing then the majority, they will probably need to be divided as best as possible and shipped without getting to the 3 count. Once the majority are grown to size I will probably need to see about clearing them out and it would be best if we can get these shipped before the cold weather starts up again this year.
Sound good?

Last edited:

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds very good. I don't think it will be too long as long as we are getting 2-3 polyp growth a month. And if they are fragged when the grow out just makes it faster.

green machine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good to me. how big is this mount your talking about? would it be easy to just chip them into seperate frags once they are recieved? This is so exciting and you dont even have them yet lol.

vietcu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you grow out what you already have too :). From what I can tell, I would definitely be interested in buying a lot of the zoas you have already.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good to me. how big is this mount your talking about? would it be easy to just chip them into seperate frags once they are recieved? This is so exciting and you dont even have them yet lol.
It will be thin enough you can just break/chip/cut them apart.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you grow out what you already have too :). From what I can tell, I would definitely be interested in buying a lot of the zoas you have already.
I plan on it. I hadn't thought about it until members from the last grow out had kept asking me to let them know what I had I could send along with the frags they were getting. Now I see this will help compensate all the time and effort I will be putting into growing, fragging, packaging and shipping them.
But I still enjoy doing it for nothing. Maybe I just like seeing how fast they grow, I don't know exactly.

Last edited:

GrouperGenius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on it. I hadn't thought about it until members from the last grow out had kept asking me to let them know what I had I could send along with the frags they were getting. Now I see this will help compensate all the time and effort I will be putting into growing, fragging, packaging and shipping them.
But I still enjoy doing it for nothing. Maybe I just like seeing how fast they grow, I don't know exactly.
I have no reason why because I really am not a 'nice' guy. Cut me off in traffic when I am in a crappy mood and I will curse you till I get cut off by someone else.
Ever have one of those days where traffic seems to not see you at all, one car after the other? I almost think it is a blessing that my hours have been cut and I only have to commute 4 days a week now.

Rocket launchers.

Tomasz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I just PMed flricordia about shipping and a problem that I have.

The zoos in the second picture in my selling thread are gone (my angel made dinner out of them), but I will replace them with very nice zoos that are not pictured. So you will still get 12 frags (11 posted + a bonus), but there will be two mystery frags (not pictured). Let me know if this is acceptable or not. If not I can refund the money. Once again I am sorry about it.

Tom.

Chris22582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works for me. We all know this hobby. lol Not like you told him to go eat it. lol :)

vietcu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I wanted that second one too. That was the only reason I went in on this group grow out. Someone make dinner out of that Angel. :) Just kidding. As long as you are not throwing in some pale brown zoas, or something that is easily found like eagles eyes. I'm cool with it.

Tomasz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I wanted that second one too. That was the only reason I went in on this group grow out. Someone make dinner out of that Angel. :) Just kidding. As long as you are not throwing in some pale brown zoas, or something that is easily found like eagles eyes. I'm cool with it.

You will be happy.

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fine with me as long as those really yellow ones are in there :D

green machine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those were nice, sorry to hear your angel had a fiest. im fine with a replacement, cant wait to see what the 2 mystery frags are. crossing fingers lol

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! One of my gf's favorites :(

Oh well, I'm fine with the mysterious replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back