Growing chaeto with a kessil a360

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just given a giant ball of chaeto from a fellow reefer. It’s the size of volleyball.

I have a dedicated invert QT setup (14g bio cube) and plan to grow the chaeto in it for about 45 days.

I have an extra a360 I plan to use to grow it. Does anyone have experience using this light for growing macro? If so, any recommendations on height off water and intensity?

Also, add a power head to make it tumble? Or just turn it once a day or so?

Thanks

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just given a giant ball of chaeto from a fellow reefer. It’s the size of volleyball.

I have a dedicated invert QT setup (14g bio cube) and plan to grow the chaeto in it for about 45 days.

I have an extra a360 I plan to use to grow it. Does anyone have experience using this light for growing macro? If so, any recommendations on height off water and intensity?

Also, add a power head to make it tumble? Or just turn it once a day or so?

Thanks
Its really the wrong spectrum. Just get one of these off amazon for $69. You will thank me later
1618188341174.png

OP
OP
zalick

zalick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered. Will be here tomorrow. Ha!

OP
OP
zalick

zalick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 hr/day. I have the fuge light on the opposite schedule as my display tank to try to balance the PH
Got light last night. You weren’t kidding!
3 days on the kessil and not a bubble in sight. Maybe a little fading too. New light on this morning and within two hours chaeto starts producing bubbles like crazy

OP
OP
zalick

zalick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sarcophytonIndy I’ve got the chaeto in a separate tank to observe for two months and make sure it’s pest free and ich free. This thing has more than doubled in size under these lights in just 10 days. Thanks again! These lights are a hidden gem for sure!

ive also got some house plants nearby and the spill over light is making them grow like crazy too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back